Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing 45 - Cloud Computing

the idea of cloud computing: “The concept of cloud computing is one of a user sitting at a terminal taking advantage of services, storage space, and resources provided somewhere else - on another computer, through an Internet connection.”

I find I am already doing this through iGoogle, Flickr, etc... But to switch 100% to cloud computing. I don't think I can make that leap. I don't necessarily think my data is all that important, but to put it in somebody else's hands is not a risk I am willing to take.

Google Docs is fabulous and I love it for creating documents and sharing them with colleagues. But it still can't hold a candle to Microsoft Office.

I am rather intrigued by Web OS, but this is the first time I have heard about it. I will check this one out further. I have used Remote Desktop Connection, but always for work purposes and related to the tech side of my job not the library end of it.

No comments: