Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thing 42 - Music 2.0

Wow, I had previously thought myself old. I don't listen to music on the radio much anymore. I always tell people you are old when you hear a new song on the radio and say "what the **** is this crap!"

But I have once again encountered a Thing I already am utilizing. I have an account on Pandora Radio and find it pretty cool. You can set up "radio stations" and vote on the content if you like it or not. And actually that is the downfall of Pandora radio too. You have to click on stuff once in a while or the music stops playing. The other downfall of Pandora is it is a huge suck on the bandwidth, so naturally is is blocked at school.

So, I also started poking around on the lyrics websites. You ever had a song that has plagued you for years about what the lyrics are. Problem solved!! Just look it up on the internet. I have finally figured out the chorus to Beck's "Loser" is "Soy un perdedor", which is just the Spanish translation of "I'm a loser". Does that mean I am a loser? Come on, who doesn't remember playing a record and picking up the needle and playing the same part of the song over and over again trying to learn the words to your favorite song. Or does that just mean I am an old loser. haha......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you don't want to be bothered by the "are you listening" feature on Pandora, try a Livio Radio that streams Pandora and has over 11,000 other internet radio stations. Check out this website or feel free to contact me at jaclyn@livioradio.com . http://tinyurl.com/blog-jnl