Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thing 35 - Books 2.0

Wow!!! I love this Thing. I signed up for Library Thing the first go around, so I am already familiar with it. One interesting thing about Library Thing is GRRL (Great River Regional Library) uses Library Thing in its card catalog. When you search a book and click on it for the description and information, you also see tags from Library Thing. I haven't logged into Library Thing since 23 Things on a Stick. I also signed up for Shelfari, it is basically the same as Library Thing. I do like the look of Shelfari better. Facebook also has similar applications, you can add books to your profile and join reading groups or become a fan of authors too. I really loved What's Next too. I tagged it in Delicious and plan on using it frequently. Working at a school library, a lot of my readers are looking for series and the next book in the series. What's Next is perfect for that. I also signed up for Overbooked, the Ning for books. We will see. Once again, my never ending dilemma....not enough hours in the day.

No comments: